By William Irwin, David Kyle Johnson
What can South Park let us know approximately Socrates and the character of evil? How does The Office aid us to appreciate Sartre and existentialist ethics? Can Battlestar Galactica make clear the lifestyles of God?
- Introducing Philosophy via Pop Culture makes use of pop culture to demonstrate vital philosophical options and the paintings of the foremost philosophers
- With examples from movie, tv, and song together with South Park, The Matrix , X-Men, Batman, Harry Potter, Metallica and Lost, even the main summary and complicated philosophical principles develop into more uncomplicated to understand
- Features key essays from around the Blackwell Philosophy and dad Culture sequence, in addition to worthwhile editorial fabric and a word list of philosophical phrases
- From metaphysics to epistemology; from ethics to the that means of existence, this special advent makes philosophy as attractive as pop culture itself
- Supplementary site to be had with educating publications, pattern fabrics and hyperlinks to additional assets at www.pop-philosophy.org